CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Local AZ girl named Youth of the Year - claims NAM "made me what I am today"

CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME ARTICLE BELOW -
CLIPPED STRAIGHT FROM THE PRESCOTT DAILY COURIER

  
PRESCOTT AREA LEADERSHIP: Brionna Friis-Pettitt, Youth of the Year
Matt Hinshaw/The Daily CourierBrionna Friis-Pettitt, 16, was named the Prescott Area Leadership Youth of the Year.
Matt Hinshaw/The Daily Courier
Brionna Friis-Pettitt, 16, was named the Prescott Area Leadership Youth of the Year.

Brionna Friis-Pettitt is planning an acting career. If that does not work out, she wants to be a veterinarian.
The 16-year-old Prescott High School sophomore loves acting and loves animals.
"I would really love to shadow a local vet for a couple days. I think that would be great," she said.
Friis-Pettitt lives in Prescott Valley, and decided to attend PHS because of the drama department. Although Bradshaw Mountain High School has a drama department, she thinks the one at PHS is more challenging.
Friis-Pettitt began volunteering with the Salvation Army while she was in middle school
"My mom got me and my brother involved," she said. "We started with the Angel Tree and helping with Thanksgiving dinner."
The teenager participates in the National American Miss pageant.
"It's not a beauty pageant. It is all about self-esteem. There is no swimsuit competition and they don't even want you to wear make-up," Friis-Pettitt said.
She learned about the program through a brochure and asked her mom if she could participate. At first, her mom refused, but she finally gave her permission when Friis-Pettit was 13 years old.
"It is all about being comfortable in your own skin. It made me what I am today," she said.
This year, Friis-Pettitt will compete in the teen category.
Friis-Pettitt was a member of the Junior National Honor Society and she would like to be inducted into the National Honor Society at PHS.
"I would also like to get involved in cheer. I love performing and I am a very happy person. I think it would be good for me," Friis-Pettitt.
After graduating from high school, she wants to attend Arizona State University.
"I would probably attend one of the smaller campuses in Phoenix," Friis-Pettitt said.
Friis-Pettitt admits she did not know about Prescott Area Leadership until it selected her as a Youth Award recipient.
"A friend of my mom's nominated me. I'm thankful and grateful for the scholarship," she said.
The Youth Leader award includes a $1,000 college scholarship.