CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

This year has been "so much of a good thing" for Olivia Lulich, Miss Wisconsin Jr. Preteen 2010


So Much of a Good Thing!

It was July 2007 when I first entered the Wisconsin National American Miss pageant. I was 5 years old, quiet, shy and had no idea what to expect throughout the weekend ahead. At times it seemed overwhelming, but it was certainly exhilarating and fun. And although I did not come home with the crown, I was definitely hooked and very much wanted to compete the following year. And so I did for the next three years – each time becoming more prepared, a little further out of my shell and more focused upon my strengthens.

Then last July, the dream finally became real when I was named the 2010 Miss Wisconsin Junior Preteen!! The excitement and happiness I felt at that moment cannot be described – let’s just say that I couldn’t stop smiling for about two weeks!!
I took to heart all the advice so many past queens had shared – cherish every moment because the year goes by so very quickly.

Throughout the summer and fall I made many appearances at local parades and events. I also focused on my community service project – collecting donations for our local food pantry. I donated over 500 pounds of food and participated in a 5K Walk for Hunger. I donated books to our city library and bears to the area hospital.

My spare time was focused on preparation for Nationals! Wow, what a week – I participated in Spokesmodel, Actress, Casualwear Modeling, Photogenic and the Queens competition. I met so many amazing young ladies from across the nation – many of who I consider very dear friends. My entire family traveled with me and I was blessed to have my Godmother and her family join us for our day in Disney and to cheer me on for the final pageant. That week has so many special memories that I will forever cherish. One particular moment that stands out was seeing the ocean for the very first time in my life! Even though the water was freezing cold – I still had to play in it for a little while!

Throughout winter and spring I made every attempt to wear my crown and banner at a variety of events. My community has little understanding of pageants and often associates it with what they see on TV. I make it my mission to explain the natural side of pageants and emphasize the life skills that pageants provide: self-confidence, communication skills, pose and public speaking. All things that will forever benefit me – no matter what career I choose.

So although it was only five years ago that I was that shy little girl who would hide behind my mother’s leg and forced her to speak on my behalf; I have to credit my pageantry experiences for helping me to become the confident girl I am today!

This year has truly been a dream come true. Special thanks to the Maples for putting together such a fantastic pageant, of which so many young ladies benefit. To Miss Ashley for always seeing the best parts of me and helping me grow as a person. To my little brother Ethan for sticking it out through long pageant events, but always cheering loudest for me. To my parents – thank you for giving me this opportunity and teaching me the importance of hard work, determination and being true to myself. To the many family members and friends who sent words of support and cheered from afar – your love and encouragement mean the world to me.

Looking back – I can proudly say that I have enjoyed every minute and I’m so excited to for the next young lady to have this opportunity. To all the NAM contestants - keep believing your dreams, because they just may come true!

From the small town of Lyndon Station -- I am your 2010 Miss Wisconsin Junior Preteen – Olivia Lulich!