CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Samantha Holmes, Miss Missouri Teen 2011 says her Final Farewell



Once upon a time there was a little eleven-year-old girl who competed in her very first pageant. After eight long years of competing and working very hard her dream came true as she was crowned your 2011 NAM Missouri Teen. Wow! What a journey this year has been as a NAM Queen. Eight years is a long time, but every minute was worth it because I never gave up and my dreams became a reality. When I heard my name called as the new Missouri Teen I knew I had an amazing year ahead of me.

One of the best parts of being a Queen is being involved in your community. I rode in parades like Manchester Days, and the Green-Tree festival in Kirkwood. It was so much fun waving to the crowds with my sister queens. We also went and helped the relief efforts in Joplin, Missouri. It was a devastating sight to see, but it was fun helping the community get back on its feet. Ringing the bell for the Salvation Army with the National American Miss Rachel Landes was a great time! I also became involved with the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization and got to mentor a young fifth grade girl! But, my favorite event was being involved in the first ever Miss. Missouri Amazing Pageant! My friend Amanda and I got to share a buddy, and her name was Cheirleta. The day was long but so worth it. I loved seeing the smiling faces on the girls, and their families.


Nationals was one of the best weeks of my life! I loved feeling like a celebrity! It was so great to celebrate the week with “NAM TEAM MO” who I must say ROCKED IT at nationals! I loved touring Hollywood and going to Disneyland! Even the thanksgiving banquet was a fun time. However the best part was getting to know all the other Teen Queens! It was so fun to see friends that had also won their state pageant while rocking the crazy hair or at the pajama party.


Breanne, Ryan, Lani, and Ken, I can’t believe this year is almost up! It was such an honor representing the state of Missouri for the BEST PAGEANT DIRECTORS EVER! To my sister queens Kloey, Ashley, Madison, Faith, and Rachel, I love you all and I’m so happy I got to share this experience with the five of you girls. There was never a dull moment when any of us were together.  I really enjoyed getting to know you and your families throughout the year. We truly are one great “NAMily”.  To my mom and grandma I would not be where I am today without you. I love you guys so much and thank you for everything you have done for me.

Finally to the contestants, I really enjoyed getting to know some of you guys during open calls, and pageant preps. But remember, no matter what happens pageant weekend, be proud of yourself. YOU were chosen as state finalists so make the best of it! Pageant weekend will be an amazing experience where you will learn so much about yourself.  Remember to be humble in success without bitterness in defeat. While my journey is ending it is just beginning for all of you. I can’t wait to meet all of the Teens and their families’ pageant weekend.

Until Then,
            Samantha Renee Holmes

Your 2011 National American Miss Missouri Teen