CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

NAM Choreographer heads to FIDM this fall, featured on FIDM website


Kendra Berger, A Former National American Miss Minnesota Queen, and a current NAM Choreographer, will head to FIDM this fall to study Visual Communications. Kendra was also the 2012 Miss Minnesota Teen USA titleholder. Recently, FIDM was honored to accept Kendra to their program, and even featured her on their website! In the article, Kendra talks about the impact National American Miss has had on her over the years. Below is an excerpt from the article.



Full Name: Kendra Elizabeth Berger


Age: 18


Hometown: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Start Date: October 2013


Admissions Advisor: Margaret Berger

Tell us a bit about yourself. For many years dance was a part of my life and my primary activity. I danced competitively for six years until a hip injury forced me to stop competing at that level. In addition to being a dancer I have competed in pageants since I was 10. During that time I have won two state titles and have competed in two national pageants with the National American Miss pageant system.
As a result of that experience I have been given an opportunity to work for that organization. I am now a choreographer for National American Miss and will be working at nine state pageants this year. As a competitor in this pageant system over the years I have developed valuable life skills such as interviewing, public speaking, and on stage presentation.
What are your proudest accomplishments so far? The life skills I’ve acquired as a pageant competitor helped me to take competing in pageants to the next level. My proudest accomplishment so far was in November of 2011, when I competed and won the title of Miss Minnesota Teen USA 2012. This pageant is part of the Miss Universe pageant system owned by Donald Trump where I then competed for the title of Miss Teen USA 2012 in the Bahamas.
As a titleholder, I was given opportunities to meet celebrities and designers such as Sherri Hill and MacDuggal. While attending the Miss USA 2012 pageant, I was asked by Sherri Hill to model her Spring Dress line in the Atlanta Market Show. The experience gave me an inside look at all the work it takes to put on a fashion show.

What made FIDM right for you? Visual Communications to me is a vision or emotion or theme portrayed through different ways of decorating or styling. As a future college student who is on a low budget, being able to put together new outfits with the clothes I currently have in my closet is a challenge. That challenge is also something I love to take on. I love to style my friends.



What are your career goals? To be a stylist for a designer or for fashion shows. 


What do you expect to learn at FIDM? I am excited to learn from the best in the Visual Communications field about fashion trends and skills needed to become a successful stylist in the fashion industry.

You can read the article in its entirety, here.