CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

The 2012-2013 NAM Miss Missouri Teen Shares Memories from her Special Year


As Walt Disney once said, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Being crowned your 2012 National American Miss Missouri Teen was truly a dream come true for me. I cannot thank National American Miss enough for allowing me this wonderful opportunity and a year of a lifetime, full of memories that I will never forget.

To start off my reign, I made several donations of books and stuffed animals to various organizations, including Children's Mercy, Gilda's Club, Hope Haven and Drumm Farm orphanage. I also did many hours of volunteer work with Harvester's Food Network, a community food bank that helps feed the hungry in the Kansas City area. Seeing the difference I could make and the joy the donations brought within these charities was amazing. I am so grateful to have been blessed with the chance to meet so many wonderful people.
However, the fun had only just begun! So many memories were made in the months leading up to Nationals. I got to visit the Illinois pageant, where I met several other state queens I would be competing with in November. Even though we were only in Illinois for a few days, we quickly became close friends and I will always remember that weekend. When I returned back home, the American Royal Parade awaited! I got to ride in a convertible white mustang through the streets of Kansas City- talk about exciting! It was so great to see all the people that came out to watch that day.
My sister queens and I had a blast any time we were together. During October, we went to the Ronald McDonald House in Kansas City to decorate Halloween cookies and crafts with the families staying there. Each and every one had their own story, and it was truly an inspiration. We also made the journey to Jefferson City to meet our state officials and be recognized on the house floor. Getting to meet my district's State Representative Donna Pfautsch and Senator Ed Emery was such an honor. I will never forget these spectacular girls that I got to spend my year with!
Thanksgiving week seemed to come incredibly fast! After many weeks of preparing, I was ready for Nationals. Before this, I had never been on an airplane before! I was thrilled for this first time experience, and I made sure I got the window seat.  When we arrived in Anaheim, NAM had taken over the hotel! Getting to meet so many wonderful girls from all across the country was perhaps the best part of the whole week. Disney, Hollywood, the Thanksgiving banquet- EVERYTHING, was all that I had imagined and more.

This year has been one that I will never forget, and I would just like to thank each and every person that has helped my dreams come true. Mom, Dad and Joe, you have been my support system from the start. Thank you so much for giving me all of the opportunities I need to succeed. I could not have accomplished this without you, and I am so blessed to have such an encouraging family behind me all the way. Laura, you are amazing. You have not only helped me in pageants, but taught me life lessons as well. You have helped me realize that anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself and in your abilities. I am so thankful for all of your help, and you will always be a role model, a mentor, and a best friend to me.
 Ken, Lani, Steve and Kathleen, thank you so much for creating such a fantastic program that helps young girls build confidence and achieve their goals. Breanne and Ryan, thanks for always being so much help and never failing to make me laugh. Gelly, Haley, Kayla, Callie, Hannah, and all of my sister queens, you are all such amazing friends that will always have a special place in my heart.

To all of the Teen contestants, make pageant weekend a fun time to meet new friends and make memories! Remember, it's not about the crown and sash, but the experiences and life skills you gain. In my eyes, you are all winners for having the courage to pursue your dreams.
To my successor, make every day of your reign count, because this year will fly by! Use your title to make a difference in your community and inspire others to dream big. And remember, you can NEVER take too many pictures- you'll want to look back and remember the wonderful times you had representing the great state of Missouri.
I want everyone to remember, that life is what you make it. Henry Ford once said, "If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right."

Your 2012 Miss Missouri Teen,
Samantha Jo Bowers