CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Farewell from your 2012 Minnesota Pre-teen Covergirl, Madelyn Hohenstein


Did I ever in my wildest dreams think that an eleven year old, horse loving girl from a rural farm town about 20 miles west of Mankato would ever win A NAM Cover Miss Title? I did not! Before winning the title of NAM Cover Miss, I knew I was going to work hard and try my best to take home the title, but I also knew I was up against hundreds of girls from 42 different states! 

So I asked myself, "How can I take every step to ensure that I win the coveted title of NAM Cover Miss and all of the prizes that come along with it?" The answer was simple. By finding a way to show others all of the great things that National American Miss has to offer young girls!

I got busy right away by making a scrapbook about NAM. I then went to family, friends and local businesses  and showed my scrapbook off for the world to see! After seeing my book and the goals I hoped to reach, they wanted to help. With the support of so many outstanding businesses I was able to sell over 72 advertisements! This allowed me to reach my goal, and as a result, I earned the state cover girl title for the Minnesota pre-teen divison. Winning this title not only allowed me the chance to go to Nationals in Hollywood California, but it also allowed me to compete for the coveted title of National Cover Miss!



After seeing all the wonderful support I could receive from local businesses when I sold advertisements at the state competition, I began telling myself, "You rock, Madelyn!", and began figuring out how I could go about winning this new title and even more cool prizes! It was then that I decided to make a new scrapbook and go back to all the wonderful people that helped me the first time around. I showed them all the wonderful things I won at the state competition and the amazing things I got to do as a result of winning the Minnesota Pre-teen Covergirl title. They were so excited after seeing all the great prizes and opportunities that I gained from the state competition, they wanted to help me again! So I was able to sell 8 more pages of advertising before the national pageant. 

Well, you can imagine my surprise when I met Dawn-Lee at Nationals! Dawn-Lee was so thrilled to meet me, and gave me a huge surprise when I got there! She let me know that I did it! I won the National Cover Miss title for the Pre-Teen division! I could not believe it--I was shaking so bad that the 2012 Pre-Teen National Cover Miss Donielle Kube had a very hard time crowning me at the red carpet awards. 

My time in the spot light at nationals was unforgettable. Thank you Donielle- it was fun being on stage with you and getting to know you! I had so much fun doing the photo shoot at nationals. Now I get to see my pictures from the photo shoot often, because they are being used in the material the new NAM royalty receive this year! It's pretty awesome!


Upon leaving California, I received the news that all 17 of the National American Miss royalty were invited to a fabulous luncheon at the Flamingo Gardens in Las Vegas! 

As  royalty, I got to go to the live taping of Miss America at the Planet Hollywood hotel. To my wonderful surprise I met up with my Minnesota sister queen, Michelle Bergh. She was doing the fashion show for Miss America. Way to go Michelle!!!  I also saw the Nathan Burton and The Beatles Tribute shows. Then I got to attend the history channel show, "PAWN STARS". 

This spring, I had the chance to attend the NAM open call and pageant prep sessions! My sister queens Princess Kylie Broberg, Jr. Pre Teen Ava Carlson, and Jr. Teen Holly Whannel have been so great! I have had so much fun with you guys and your moms!  One of my favorite events this spring was when  Michelle Bergh  set up a team called Queens and Friends on Mothers Day. Brittany Link, Holly Whannel, Michelle Bergh also participated in a 1k walk for breast cancer awareness at the Mall of America.  After the walk I helped the sheriff and my 4-h club (River bend Riders) to do a special needs ride. I also got to be in the Nicollet Friendship Days parade and the State Fair parade.

 I look forward to going back to Nationals again in Nov. 2013, where I am automatically invited back--this time, to crown my successor!  Lastly, I want to thank all of my friends, family and supporters. Thank You for helping this young girl see and travel the world and meet some great people!  To my new Namily---Yes you can! You already rock! Just some words of advice:  JUST HAVE FUN, and THEN MORE FUN--SMILE , LAUGH and GIGGLE because it's all about YOU!!!!!!! BIG HUGS, GOOD LUCK, AND SENDING LOVE YOUR WAY!



Your 2012 Minnesota Pre-Teen Cover Girl and National Cover Miss,

Madelyn Hohenstein