CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

The NAM 2012 Minnesota Pre-Teen Queen, Michelle Bergh, Reflects on her experiences this year


Cinderella once said, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."   So, ever since I was 5 years old, my birthday wish, my 11:11 wish, my wish upon a star wish and the wish I wished with all my heart was to win this NAM pageant. 

For 8 years, I shot for the moon, but each time, I missed.  Though I sometimes landed among stars and made top 5 or won trophies or optionals, I never quite realized my dream of the crown.  But my mom encouraged me to never, ever give up on my dreams.  Finally, with my 9th try and best effort, I won!

You can imagine my excitement when I heard my name called.  I was completely stunned, and it was the happiest day of my life!


I realize that even in years that I didn't win the crown, I still won so much--sportsmanship, grace & poise.  I matured and learned to be happy for the achievements of others.  I made lifelong friendships and learned the rewards of hard work and tenacity.  I learned how to interview and gained the confidence to speak in front of the biggest of audiences.  I also learned to help others along the way, through volunteer work.

Two days after being crowned, I had my first appearance--in Norway--to see my family and show them my new sparkly hat!  When I returned, I went to the State Fair with my sister Queens.  I helped at other state pageants, open calls and pageant practices.  I had an absolute blast at Nationals in California, hanging out with my new friends from other states.  Disney and Hollywood were AMAZING!

I volunteered for the Mall of Ameria Autism Walk and the Blind, Inc. "Glow in the Dark" golf tournament.  I organized a blanket making project at my church to make and donate fleece blankets to dying kids with cancer.  I donated books and bears to the Minneapolis Children's Hospital, the Ronald McDonald House, and Cerenity Care Center.

I performed, raised money for and volunteered at the MusicLink fundraiser at Mall of America so that disadvantaged kids could get free music lessons.  I performed for 30 minutes on the St. Paul Winter Carnival Family Day OUTDOOR stage--in -3 below weather!   I also braved the bitter cold and a snow storm to ride in the St. Paul Winter Carnival and Torchlight Parades.


I volunteered at the Miss Amazing Pageant, and I gave 30-minute performances at nursing homes and the VA Hospital's Adult Day Care.  I'm scheduled to perform solos on stage in front of 50,000 people at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at the Mall of America on Mother's Day.

I was selected to model dresses for the Miss America pageant's vendor show in Las Vegas.  I  got to watch the pageant and reunite with some of my NAM Queen friends!


I was honored to be a Pink Honor Roll Top 60 Fundraiser for the Minnesota Susan G. Komen Foundation for the 3rd year in a row.  I was recognized at their awards banquet, where I got to goof around with KS95 radio announcer, Staci Matthews, who couldn't wait to try on my crown!  For the 4th year in a row, I organized a race team, Queens and Friends.  I'll also be attending the pre-race dinner and will once again be on the Pink Honor Roll.

During my reign, I did a music video for my original song, "All I Need," and it's on YouTube!  I also had the honor of modeling for Supermodels Unlimited (SU) Magazine.  I had photoshoots and I modeled in their charity runway show in Nashville and their runway show in Hollywood.  While in Hollywood, I auditioned and got signed with an LA agent for acting, singing and modeling!

I was excited to be featured on the cover of SU Magazine and in their spread.  I was also honored to be interviewed for and featured in the upcoming issue of the Mpls./St. Paul Magazine for my work with Susan G. Komen.  I was featured in "The Pageant Connection" newsletter, Pageantry Magazine, Pageantpodcast, and my hometown newspaper.

I even had the pleasure of meeting the Governor of Minnesota, other elected officials and high-ranking military officers!

My heart is overflowing with gratitude and appreciation for all of the wonderful opportunities I've been given this past year!  To the NAM staff, a million thank yous for trusting in me and for allowing me to represent you!  Thanks, Mom, for encouraging me to pick up the pieces and keep on going, and for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself.  Thanks, Dad, for funding all of my expenses!  The Bank of Dad is just the best!  To my sister Queens, it was so fun spending the year with you!  


To my successor, I encourage you to make the most of your year and take lots of pictures, because it's over before you know it.

I encourage all of you to never EVER give up on your dreams.  Remember Cinderella's words, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."  With determination, lots of hard work, trust, and maybe a little pixie dust, you will one day reach your dreams, too!

I will always and forever by your "Miss Minnesota Preteen 2012".

Love,




Michelle Rose Bergh
Miss Minnesota Preteen 2012