CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Farewell from the 2012-2013 Miss Illinois Junior Teen Cover Girl, Kady McDonald


My year as the 2012-2013 Miss Illinois Junior Teen Cover Girl has been phenomenal. I've met amazing people this year, and awesome Queens and Cover Girls! My year has been very busy, and I'm still not done with my duties!



During this past year, I met the mayor of Dixon, IL, and visited the Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria, where I donated books and bears to the children in need. I also volunteered with the New Hope Cancer Center. I hope to continure working with this organization in the future, helping them to fundraise projects. I also got the chance to ride in a local parade representing National American Miss as the 2012 Miss Illinois Junior Teen Cover Girl. 


One of my favorite things this year was the Christmas Walk in Rochelle, Illinois, I attended with the Illinois Princess Cover Girl, Makayla Fore. I always loved seeing Makayla, she’s a huge sweetheart! I also attended Nationals in beautiful Anaheim, California, which was amazing! I've honestly never have had so much fun in my life. If you get the opportunity or chance to go. Seriously, GO! You won't regret it! Trust me! Nationals was an amazing time, especially visiting Disneyland--which was right down the street from our hotel.

I also loved the Hollywood Tour. What a great way to spend a day, walking down Hollywood Boulevard, seeing the stars on the sidewalk, and sometimes in person! Prior to attending Nationals I set a goal for myself to win the National Cover Girl title. Sure enough, with hard work, I sold a multitude of advertisements, and I achieved my goal! Now, I can proudly say that I am a National American Miss National titleholder.

As some people say, all good things must come to an end. I'm extremely sad to say this year is coming to an end. Although giving up my title makes me a little sad, when I take a step back to realize all that I've done and accomplished this year, I’m very proud of myself and who I have become because of it. I once was this shy little caterpillar that wouldn't say a word to a stranger! Now I can say I've blossomed into a beautiful butterfly who's very social and who can have conversations with anyone! NAM has given me so much confidence in myself and I love it. I truly wouldn't be who I am today if I had not joined this pageant.

 To my successor and the contestants, you’re in for a great experience, because everyone at National American Miss is so nice! They take you right in and treat you just like family.
Helping girls at pageant prep training sessions with the National American Miss Staff was a blast!

 Don’t worry if you’re shy, I was too! Even if you’re a little shy, don’t be afraid to stand out, go up to someone and say hi. You never know, you two could have a lot in common! Finally, be your own cheerleader, and have faith in yourself. To my successor-- girl, you're going to have such an amazing time! It will fly by, make sure you do all you can! Anything is possible. Set goals and achieve them! Be a role model and let others look up to you! I know you'll have such an amazing year. I know I did. If you ever have any questions you can always ask me. I enjoyed my year and I’m excited for what’s in store in the future. Good Luck Ladies!!!


With Love,


Your 2012-2013 National American Miss Illinois Junior Teen Cover Girl
Kady McDonald