CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Farewell from The 2012-2013 NAM Miss Missouri, Kelsey Parrott


My, how time flies.  It seems like just yesterday that I competed in my first pageant, the National American Miss Teen pageant in 2010.  After two more years of competing I was honored and privileged to be named National American Miss Missouri 2012.  The past year has been filled with fun, from riding in parades to volunteering in my community and state.


In November, my mother, great-aunt and I boarded a plane in Kansas City (my first plane ride ever!) and flew to Anaheim, CA for a fun in the sun filled week at the National American Miss Pageant at the gorgeous Anaheim Marriott Hotel.  Disneyland, the Santa Monica Pier, touring Beverly Hills and seeing the sights was just some of the highlights of the week.  Thanksgiving found us miles from home and family, yet the Thanksgiving dinner was awesome.  I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and while I did not “win the crown”; I did place fourth overall in Volunteer Service and Community Involvement, both of  which hold a special place in my heart.
I returned home to The Show Me State, just in time for finals at Central Methodist University where I am majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Political Science.  January 2013 found me attending college fulltime on-line and interning full-time at the Missouri State House of.  On March 26, 2013, the rest of the Missouri queens joined me at the Capitol and were recognized by both the House of Representative and the Missouri Senate.


I want to thank Ken, Lani, Breanne, Ryan, and National American Miss Staff for giving me this opportunity in my life.  I will never know how to thank you enough.  I also want to thank my family, Mom, Papa and Nanny, Stacy and Mitchell thank you for being my foundation and coming along on this crazy, wonderful journey with me.


To my successor, use your year to give yourself to others. The crown and sash is not what makes you a queen, but rather finding the beauty within yourself and showcasing a love for others.  Always be an example, you never know when little girls are watching you, needing someone to look up to in this world today. In the words of Audrey Hepburn, “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” 
Until Then,
I am your 2012 National American Miss Missouri, 
Kelsey Parrott