CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

It's been a lucky year for a girl who worked hard for it...farewell to Katie Steiger


I have lived my life with this motto "The harder you work the luckier you get." The past year has proven this statement to be true for me. After being crowned Miss Wisconsin Teen I set out on a mission to reach as many people in Wisconsin as I could, which made for a very busy year! I had a blast doing over 75 appearances around Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan. Becoming Miss Wisconsin Teen was a dream I am so blessed to have accomplished, but it didn't happen over night! I worked hard for my title and used it to promote my platform of volunteerism.



I volunteered with my favorite organization "The Camo Quilt Project" where we sew camouflage quilts for soldiers over seas. I donated bears to the new Columbia St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee and books to the United Way. I cheered on the Packers at a football game where I appeared on the jumbo-tron 3 times, met the announcers of Monday Night Football and was featured on "The Mike McCarthy Show!" I was in many parades and went to the Wisconsin State Fair as well as the Clark County Fair where I honored my Grandpa with the "Howie Sturtz Orchestra." I was also able to meet some famous golfers at the PGA Tour at Whistling Straights. I dedicated most of my time to helping with the Boy Scouts of America and served as the 9033 Venture Crew President by visiting a lot of summer camps. I was invited to attend a National Venture Crew Jamboree, spoke at many Winter Banquets and volunteered as a medical officer for Arrow Power where scouts restored old trails and created new ones for a week in Northern Minnesota. I also judged a loon calling contest for the Mercer Loon Days Festival.



National American Miss has opened many doors for me. Not only have I perfected my speaking skills but I am a stronger and more intelligent young lady all around. I have always felt like National American Miss is an investment into a girls future. Every time the contestants participate in the pageant they are more confident about their future and are closer to achieving their dreams even if they don't come home with a crown. Another dream of mine was made possible because of National American Miss; I was chosen as a top model for Hollister and recently discovered by a Wisconsin modeling agency. I am still working toward my dream of becoming a Physician's Assistant while studying Biology at the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point.



I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to have lived my dream. I hope that throughout the past year I have touched as many lives as have touched mine. Nationals gave me a whole new opportunity to meet girls from all over the United States and I am proud to say that I now have a friend no matter where I travel! I would like to thank my parents and grandparents for helping along this journey. Mom and Grandma; thank you for traveling to appearances with me. Dad, thank you for your encouragement and advice. Ben and Matt thank you for supporting your little sister. Thank you Travis for your continuous love; I know this past year hasn't been easy. Thank you to all of my friends Brooke, Kristin, Katie, Keisha, Tara, Steph, Tori, Brittany and the entire Mangham and Link families. Thank you to Meyer Motors for the parade cars and Irish Studios for the most beautiful professional pictures a girl could ask for!



To the contestants; if you had the crown what would you do with it? Would you start a non profit organization, raise money for a charity or help someone in need? Now I ask you this, why do you need a crown to do that? A true queen wears a crown in her heart and always puts others before herself. If you can do that, then you are a queen!!!



Thank you National American Miss for helping everyday girls reach their dreams! Remember, "The harder you work, the luckier you get!"



Love always,
National American Miss Wisconsin Teen 2010 Katie Steiger