CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

NAM Arizona Princess 2012 Reflects on her year, and Gives Advice to the New Queen


Wow!  What can I say about the last year? When I was crowned 2012 National American Miss Princess queen I was in shock and had no idea what was in store for me. Neither did my parents. My mom told me that as Queen I would have lots of responsibilities, and she was right. Mostly though, it was a lot of fun.

Throughout the year my queen sisters and I participated in many different events, both helping needy people and representing the state of Arizona along with National American Miss. Through Feed My Starving Children, we helped to fill 120 boxes of food to be sent overseas for hungry people. I was happy to help because I wanted to take care of others and make sure everyone always has something to eat. 

I also volunteered my time at the Hermitage Cat Shelter. My job was to help determine which cats were best for becoming pets.

We also delivered all the books and toys donated by girls in the pageant to boys and girls and their mothers at New Life. I really love reading books and hope those children enjoy it as much as I do. In my hometown of Tucson, I also delivered books and stuffed animals to the very same hospital that I was born and spent twelve days in as a premature baby.  I wanted to help the hospital that took such good care of me, and as queen I realize that it is important to always try to help those who may not be as lucky as we are.

In July, my family and I took a fun trip to Nevada and I, as visiting royalty, was able to help crown the first Nevada Queen. My queen sisters and I also participated in the ASU Homecoming in October. We got to ride in our very own float in the Homecoming parade! That was tons of fun.
I guess the advice I would give to the new queen is to cherish all your new experiences as a NAM girl and to have fun while carrying out your duties. I learned a lot and I met lots of girls that I will be friends with forever. There is nothing like being part of National American Miss.
I really loved my time as queen because I was able to do a lot of new things and make a lot of new friends. My queen sisters Rebecca, Brionna, Ashley S., Gabrielle, Ashley R., and Gia will always be special to me. I also want to thank our director Breanne Maples for taking care of us girls and making the pageants lots of fun. Also, thank you to Kenn and Lani Maples for making NAM a wonderful experience.  Thank you to all my sponsors, family, friends and everyone that helped make this possible. Thank you to Mom, Dad, my little brother Alex and Grandma Gaylene for all your hard work. And a special thank you to my aunt Lindsay MacCleod for keeping my hair beautiful.  I love you all!










With Love,
Your 2012 National American Miss Arizona Princess Queen
Gabriella Bustillos