CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Get to Know Your Miss Nebraska Teen Erin Swanson



NAM: What activities are you involved in?
QUEEN: At my school I am very involved in our house system and serve as the house leader on one of the four houses. I am also involved in key club, cheerleading, track, and choir.

NAM: How would your friends describe you?
QUEEN: Very energetic and adventurous. I love meeting new people and trying new things.

NAM: What motto or quote best describes you?
QUEEN: “Dream as you will live forever, live as you will die tomorrow." I always try to live my life to the fullest and not take things for granted.

NAM: What is the best advice you have ever received?
QUEEN: “To let go and let God.” On a daily basis I probably say that to myself about 5 times whenever I am overthinking something.

NAM: How did you prepare for the pageant?
QUEEN: I did a lot of practicing for my Personal Introduction until it was muscle memory. I also practiced walking in the heels… they were pretty high.


NAM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
QUEEN: My “style” is pretty simple. I wear a lot of plain t-shirts and I ABSOLUTELY love Target, they have everything I love!!!

NAM: How have pageants shaped your life?
QUEEN: When I started pageants I was pretty shy and not confident at all, and now I know that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

NAM: What is your most prized possession?
QUEEN: This sound so bad but it is probably my phone. I have met so many friends from all over the country and I love being able to communicate with them.

NAM: What is your favorite movie?
QUEEN: My Favorite movie has to be Napoleon Dynamite. It is quite relatable to me being a teenager from a small town in the Midwest.

NAM: What is your favorite TV show?
QUEEN: The Office!! I have probably seen every episode at least three times... at least.

NAM: What is your favorite book?
QUEEN: It's sad to say but I don't read as much as I would like to, but the last book that I read that I really enjoyed was If I Stay.


NAM: What advice do you have for future NAM girls?
QUEEN: National American Miss isn't just about winning. I've been doing this pageant since I was 10 and this is the first time I won my state title. I keep coming back every year because it's so fun and the relationships that you make last a lifetime.

NAM: If you could be famous for anything what would it be?
QUEEN: I would love to be famous for owning a business. I've always wanted to start my own business. I come from an entrepreneur family and I would love to continue that.

NAM: What is your dream job?
QUEEN: My dream job is owning a coffee shop in Chicago.

NAM: How do you plan to use your title?
QUEEN: I plan to use my title by promoting the Connected Youth Program. It's a program that helps teenagers who don't have very many resources.

NAM: How do you volunteer in your community?
QUEEN: I volunteer through the Connected Youth Program. I am also in key club and we do a lot of volunteer activities there like making blankets for the homeless and helping out in our community.

NAM: What is your favorite subject in school?
QUEEN: I absolutely love history. I love learning about people that lived in the past and how it relates and differs from now.

NAM: Who is your role model?
QUEEN: Both of my parent are huge role models to me. They taught me how to work hard and to get to where I want to be.

NAM: What is your favorite part about National American Miss?
QUEEN: My favorite part about NAM is getting to know people from all over America. I have so many friends from different parts of the country and I love being able to share this experience with them.


NAM: How did you get started with NAM?
QUEEN: I received a letter in the mail inviting me to go to the Open Call and I was pretty nervous, but decided to try it. Once I was there I fell in love with the program after learning what it was all about and I've been doing it for five years.

NAM: What is your definition of a NAM girl?
QUEEN: My definition of a NAM girl is a girl who is confident in herself, knows exactly who she is and is not afraid to show that to the rest of the world.

NAM: What do you like to do for fun?
QUEEN: I love doing yoga, it is so relaxing. I do it every day and it calms me down while getting a workout.

NAM: What makes your state unique?
QUEEN: HUSKER FOOTBALL!!! Almost everyone in our state is a huge husker fan and going to a husker football game is such a unique atmosphere. It really is one of a kind.

NAM: What was your first thought you had when you captured the Miss Nebraska Title?
QUEEN: I was speechless! I could not believe I finally did it! I have been doing NAM for 5 years and this was the first time I won. I was so blessed to receive this title and be completing with the best girls in Nebraska.


NAM: What would people be surprised to know about you?

QUEEN: I think that people would be surprised by the fact that I was not born in Nebraska. I was born in Laramie, Wyoming, but moved to Nebraska when I was 6 years old.