CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Iowa Teen Cover Girl, Anna Schroeder's farewell



As your 2013 Miss Iowa Teen Cover Girl, I have had the chance to put smiles on others faces. Making appearances at the Cedar Rapids Kernels Baseball games, where the stadium was full of Girl Scouts and signing their baseballs and t-shirts, was a blast. I could tell the girls were excited. I did at least eight LONG parades. And you all know the lovely weather here in Iowa. One was raining, one was 96 degrees, one was raining with the sun shining, and my last parade it was a nice -7 degree night. But I look back at those days, and laugh because I made the best out of it.

I participated in America’s Reads Day in my community reading to three schools. The kindergarteners and I had a blast reading many types of stories, and I enjoyed answering their questions about myself and about pageants. I donated my school supplies and books to Taylor elementary in Cedar Rapids. Taylor is a school who was affected terribly in the Flood of 2008, and has struggled, along with the families within the school, post flood.

One of my favorite things I did in my year was being able to help my work paint a women’s shelter home. This was volunteer work, and a lot of fun being able to pain the house for women to live in. It was a great experience, and the best experience I had.

Last August, the sisters and I walked in the Iowa State parade for breast cancer. Walking that long distance was fun, and we had a great time together.

I had an amazing year with my sister queens. One in which I have become the best of friends with. I could ever ask for. She only lives 20 minutes from my home, when she is home from ISU, and I know she would listen to me and give me the best pageant advice I could ask for. She will forever be my sister.

I wish I could have become closer to all the rest of my sister queens, but distance kept us apart. But it’s ok because I  will forever love them and keep them in my heart.

Alyssa, you are such an amazing role model and I will love you forever!

Maddison, you are such a sweet loving girl, and also a great role model. I will miss you!

Hannah, we really didn't get too close, but you will forever in my heart!

Shayla, we didn't get to know each other very well, but I want to wish you much luck with the near future.

Lemuel, I have yet to even meet you. It’s sad we haven't met, but may the best come towards you as you reach success

Shae, YOU GO GIRL! When I watched you get crowned at nationals, I cried like a baby. You will be forever loved by anyone you meet! Good luck with the rest of your year, and I love you.

And to all of my Cover Girl sister queens, none of us have meet, and that is a shame, but you ladies will forever be in my heart and I hope you had a good year.

To my Successor, good luck! May you have a great year, and make the best out of it. People will judge you for being a pageant queen, but just smile and wave. Make a difference in yourself, in others, and throughout your state, and the community! Put yourself out there, and have fun! Put that crown on whenever you feel the need. Where it when you’ve had a bad day, when you need a smile, while you are in your princess footy pajamas. Love your crown, and love yourself. Put your crown to good use and Good luck!

With much love:
XOXO
Anna Schroeder

2013 Miss Iowa Teen Cover Girl