CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Miss Iowa, Alyssa Priebe's Farewell


When I received the call announcing me as the Iowa Miss, I was ecstatic! I was given another chance to represent our state, myself, and National American Miss-and I took advantage! I immediately started volunteering at my local library, vacation bible schools, and helping the Belle Plaine Historic Society. I dedicated my reign to project “Crown for a Cure”. In honor of my grandmother and grandfather, I attended events to fundraise for cancer patients. These included, emceeing and hosting Bra’s for a Cause in Des Moines, speaking at Concert for a Cure, selling cookbooks created by cancer patients, and walked with survivors and my sister queens in the Susan G. Kommen section of the State Fair Parade.

Nationals in California was incredible! I met so many fabulous women, spent two days at Disney, watched our Iowa Princess win, and created lasting memories. However, the most special part of my reign was becoming part of a sisterhood. Because of the generosity of my fellow queens I was able to travel to four state pageants, including Minnesota, Indiana, Missouri, and Wisconsin. I will cherish these memories forever. Anne, Hannah, Maddison, Shae, Anna, and Sarah, you’ve made my year representing Iowa unforgettable. I love you all so much and know you are like family to me! Raelynn, you are a true and dear friend. Thank you for coming to my events, cheering me on in California, and bragging to everyone how your best friend is Miss Iowa! You mean the world to me!

Of course, I need to thank my family and their constant support. I know I said in 2012 it was my last time competing, but thank you for changing my mind. I love you more than you’ll ever know, thank you for sharing in this crazy ride with me. Dad, you are the most understanding man I know, not to mention the best chauffer, grill master, and pep talker! Mom, what can I say? From writing introductions at 3am, dress shopping 3 hours away, and simply keeping me on track-I appreciate everything you do! Christopher and Kytana, though you are busy with your own paths, thank you for sharing in mine every chance you got, I am truly grateful! I love you all so so much!

I find it difficult to find the right words to describe my time with NAM. Not only this past year, but throughout my entire life. I started pageantry a scared, timid, self-conscious girl and thanks to my journey, I am strong, confident, and ambitious. I want every girl to understand: You are WORTH IT, you are BEAUTIFUL, and you are SPECIAL! If you believe these things, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In ten years I never imagined I would have the privilege to represent Iowa, let alone twice. Please understand it is not the crown that makes the queen, but her attitude. Just keep swimming and never give up on your dreams; work hard and you will achieve them!

For the final time, I am your 2013 Iowa Miss, Alyssa Priebe <3 nbsp="" p="">