CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Miss Minnesota, Stephanie Phillips' Farewell




From the moment that the crown was placed on my head, I truly had no idea how this year would change my life. Being the National American Miss Minnesota I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to make over 40 appearances throughout my state. Through these experiences , I have gained humility, patience and an understanding of what it truly means to be a role model. 


I had the pleasure of starting my year volunteering with the Special Olympics during their Summer Games. Throughout the year I continued to volunteer with Special Olympics raising over $750. In March I donated the money by participating in the Polar Bear Plunge. I devoted much of my time promoting awareness for organizations much like Special Olympics. These organizations help to in- rich the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities. I was able to bring awareness to such organizations by judging the Miss Minnesota Amazing Pageant, and supporting Spread The Word To End The Word, a movement that educates people on the hurtful tones of the word “retarded.”


During these experiences, I learned the meaning of being a role model. As quoted by my role model, Julie Andrews, “ Behaving like a princess is work. It’s not just about looking beautiful or wearing a crown. It’s more about how you are on the inside.” This year has been filled with amazing experiences and people. When I was crowned I only thought about the way I was going to impact the lives of others, not realizing that the impact of others on my life would be significant. 
The success of this year would not have been possible without the love and support of my family, friends and NAMily. I truly appreciate all of the wonderful opportunities that have changed my life for the better. As I look back on this year I can only hope that I have inspired others as those in the past have inspired me.

Sincerely,
Your National American Miss Minnesota 2013

Stephanie Phillips