CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Paris Regan, a Three-Peat NAM Queen, shares her year as Miss Nevada Jr. Teen Queen 2013


 
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn  After reading this quote, I laughed out loud and thought “I could have written that!” and it’s my belief in these values that have made me a successful National American Miss State Queen in 2006, 2010 and 2013, placed as a National Top 10 Finalist in 2010, and I currently have the honor of being Third Runner Up at the national competition this past year. My fabulous journey with National American Miss began in 2005 and continues today…can you tell I love my NAMily?

After being crowned Nevada’s Jr. Teen Queen in July, I wasted no time at all and brought donations of school supplies to the Carson City Soroptimist. I enjoyed filling backpacks with school supplies to be delivered to children in need so that they have the opportunity for a successful school year.

In August it was an honor to be an invited guest at the Oscar de la Renta Fashion Show on the majestic shores of Lake Tahoe, which is an annual fundraising event dedicated to protecting and restoring the health, clarity, sustainability and beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin. At this amazing fundraiser, I was fortunate to meet the distinguished Oscar de la Renta and several admirable women, such as designer Karen Caldwell and Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo.


Mrs. Marissa Mayer was once quoted as saying, “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” When I read this I thought, “Holy cow, this quote reflects exactly how I feel about competing in pageants; she’s absolutely right.” You only grow when you push yourself to do more than you ever thought possible. After meeting so many successful people during my reign, I am inspired to continue striving to be more than I ever dreamed possible.


As a native Nevadan, there are a few annual happenings I look forward to celebrating and one of those events is Nevada Day. This beautiful fall day began bright and early by enjoying breakfast with Governor Brian Sandoval, Senator Dean Heller and many other state dignitaries. After breakfast, it was time for the Nevada Day Parade, where I was joined with the other Nevada State Queens to proudly represent National American Miss in the parade in our State Capital. It was a fantastic occasion to meet with so many people in my community.
 
In November, I had the wonderful opportunity to honor those who have served and who are currently serving our country in the Veteran’s Day Parade, which traveled through the streets of downtown Reno, Nevada.

Soon I was on my way to Anaheim, California to compete in the National Pageant and to see Mickey Mouse; however,  I’m always most excited to see my NAMily! On the night we arrived many of the state queens, I’ve come to love and adore, from all over the United States enjoyed a wonderful dinner together. I was so excited that I only ate dessert. The week at the national pageant was full of parties, competitions, and fun; but mostly, I just enjoyed spending time with the people I love and I didn’t worry too much about the actual pageant competition. As the big night played out, I was thrilled to receive first runner up for the Miss Personality Award: a prize voted on by my fellow queen competitors. Next, I was called as a top 10 finalist. When I heard my name called again for top 5, it suddenly became a dream come true. I was blessed to be 3rd runner up at Nationals. The most important thing I returned home with from the national pageant wasn’t a trophy, crown, banner or Mickey Mouse ears, but the friendship and love of all the state queens I got to share this incredible week with, many of which I have known for nearly ten years.

No sooner did I return home from the national pageant and it was time for me to film a public service announcement educating the hearing impaired community about a life saving device that alerts a deaf person when there is an emergency. As a second year Sign Language student, I was able to use my Sign Language skills in the commercial.  Educating my community about safety has been very dear to my heart since the age of 5, and it’s wonderful to be able to assist the deaf community in the event of an emergency.

My year has been full of public appearances, community service, fundraising, NAM workshops, parades and fashion shows. Because of NAM I have gained self-assurance, poise and communication skills, and now: no matter what life challenges I face; I have the ability and determination to accomplish anything.  If I can dream it, I can do it!

I will never be able to thank Ken, Lani and Breanne, along with Steve and Kathleen and the entire NAM staff enough, for everything they have done for me and for helping so many young ladies throughout the United States grow in confidence. I honestly would not be half the person I have grown to be without all that I’ve learned from National American Miss. Thanks to NAM, I now have my sister queens all over the nation and I have enjoyed every moment we have shared together.

To all of the contestants, I would like to leave you with this quote from a very successful news broadcaster who was also a pageant girl, “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
So what are you waiting for? Set extremely high goals for yourself and go for it!
I am fortunate to have been blessed with this amazing opportunity that makes saying farewell so very difficult. You haven’t seen the last of me!

I am your Miss Nevada Jr. Teen Queen 2013,
Paris Regan