CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Farewell to Keirstin Poppe, National American Miss Iowa, who dreamt of being a Princess...but became a Queen instead!


Princess,  Beauty Queen, Miss Iowa,  National American Miss,  Pageant,  Strawberry Point, John Deere, Haiti, Keirstin Poppe, Ronald  McDonald

Dear Contestants,

When I was a little girl, I used to dream of becoming a princess. Last year when I was crowned your 2009 Miss Iowa, the first of many dreams came true. When I started my reign last June, I had no idea the impact that I would have on the people I’ve met this past year.

Being Miss Iowa with National American Miss gave me the chance to make a difference in not only my community but throughout my entire state. I’ve had the opportunity to appear in many different parades and community events, supporting local groups and events throughout small towns in Iowa. I participated in Strawberry Days, an annual event in Strawberry Pointe where I got to crown last year’s Strawberry Prince and Princess. I know many people whose lives have been affected by cancer. For this reason I wanted to show my support for people struggling with cancer by participating in events like Relay for Life, Race for the cure, and even a local fashion show that raised money for breast cancer. I spent an afternoon working with Meals from the Heartland and John Deere employees to package meals for victims of the earthquake in Haiti. My sister queens and I showed our support for the Ronald McDonald House by handing out water to participants in the Ronald McDonald Run. I delivered books and bears to hospitals and schools across Iowa. The hospitals and children were so excited to receive the stuffed animals that were such a comfort to them. Throughout all of my community involvement, I enjoyed meeting people,

In November, I attended nationals in Anaheim, California. Nationals was such an incredible experience. I was ecstatic when I found out I was the 4th runner up in the Top Model competition and 2nd runner up in the Academic Achievement competition. It was a week filled with opportunities for me to spend time with my family, and create lifelong memories.

My experience with National American Miss has given me the confidence I need to make my dreams come true. Fifteen years after I dreamed of becoming a princess, I became a queen. I hope you always remember to dream big, because now, it’s your chance to shine.

Love Always,

Keirstin Poppe

Miss Iowa 2009

Keirstin helping out at the State Fair
Princess,  Beauty Queen, Miss Iowa,  National American Miss,  Pageant,  Strawberry Point, John Deere, Haiti, Keirstin Poppe, Ronald  McDonald
Participating in Race for A Cure with her mother
Princess,  Beauty Queen, Miss Iowa,  National American Miss,  Pageant,  Strawberry Point, John Deere, Haiti, Keirstin Poppe, Ronald  McDonald
Posing with the Golden Knights
Princess,  Beauty Queen, Miss Iowa,  National American Miss,  Pageant,  Strawberry Point, John Deere, Haiti, Keirstin Poppe, Ronald  McDonald
Donating Books and Bears - helping to make a difference in the lives of children!
Princess,  Beauty Queen, Miss Iowa,  National American Miss,  Pageant,  Strawberry Point, John Deere, Haiti, Keirstin Poppe, Ronald  McDonald