CLICK HERE TO Shop For Your Pageant on Amazon

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Jr. Teen, Teen, Miss & up

Shop Budget Friendly Interview Outfits for Little Girls

SHOP PERFECT PAGEANT LOOKS!

Miss Minnesota Junior Teen, Sofia Boda's Farewell

On June 2nd of 2013, my life changed forever. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that my name
would be called as the new Miss Minnesota Junior Teen!  I was truly in shock when I heard my name
announced …really, just take a look at the picture!

Once I gained my composure, it was time to start my duties as queen. I started my year off by donating the books and school supplies donated by the contestants to the Center for Experiential Learning at a local college. This organization works with children who do not speak English to develop literacy and writing skills. After this, it was an absolute whirlwind of events! I attended three parades, volunteered with my sister queens at Feed My Starving Children, opened the Mrs. Minnesota Pageant with the National Anthem, volunteered at the MusicLink Foundation and Project Bear Hugs, and attended eight local and out of state pageants as Miss Minnesota. Wow! But even with all of those fun events, my year was far from over.

Before I knew it, it was time to pack up and head to sunny California for Nationals! Nationals was absolutely the time of my life. I met so many wonderful state queens who I am truly honored to have as friends. We went to Disneyland, toured the famous streets of Hollywood, had Thanksgiving dinner together, and so much more! At Nationals, I was so honored to receive third runner-up in the Actress competition, and I took home the title of 2013-2014 Jr. Teen National Talent Winner for my performance of Juliet’s Waltz from the opera Romeo and Juliet! I also won Most Ticket Sales and a spirit stick for being positive and energetic during our rehearsals. This was an experience I will never ever forget, and I am still so proud of each and every girl who competed that week.

Before I give up my title, I have so many people to thank! To my family, thank you so much for facilitating my year as queen. I truly cannot thank you enough for the undying support and countless hours you all have spent making sure everything was perfect. And Mom, even though we sometimes didn’t agree on this, you ALWAYS picked out the best outfits for me! To Faith, Carl, Bessie, Alla, Nicole, Kreisson, Michelle, and Chrissy, thank you for being the best pageant “A-Team” to ever exist! From interview skills to hairstyles, you never failed to go the extra mile to help me do my best. To my lovely sister queens, I had a wonderful time spending the year with you all. You have such wonderful talents and I can’t wait to see what you do with them throughout your lifetime! We have truly become a family over this year, and I love you all very much! Last, but definitely not least, thank you to my State Directors, royalty coordinators, and NAM staff! You work so hard to make sure we all are on schedule, supporting us during events, and making us laugh! You have all been a blessing to me during this year. Even though my year is almost over, I’m sure you haven’t seen the last of me yet! J

Last, to this year’s contestants, I am so proud of you all. You are about to do something truly amazing! You and I are so lucky to have opportunities like this to showcase our skills and become stellar young women. Appreciate everything about pageant weekend, because there are millions of girls across the world that would never have this chance.  Include everyone, perform to the best of your ability, make friends, and let your light shine brightly, and I assure you that you will be happy with how you do. Remember that you have been CHOSEN to be here, and it is such a great honor to be a State Finalist, no matter what happens! You are ALL winners! Finally, to my successor, you have been given the opportunity of a lifetime. During this year, you will be able to do so many new things, so never let fear of the unknown stop you from trying something new! Your year is what you make it, so head into your community and make a difference. Also, I challenge you not just to be a girl with a crown, but to be a titleholder. You represent the wonderful state of Minnesota, so it is very important to always exude positivity and have an aura of professionalism in everything you do. Remember, there is always going to be a little girl looking up to you and wanting to be just like you when she grows up! Take every picture, sign every autograph, and jump at every chance to be a friend to someone who needs it, because your year will absolutely fly by! I have been so honored to represent Minnesota for a year, and I will never forget this experience. Thank you NAM for shaping who I am today!

Lots and lots of love,

Sofia Boda, your 2013 Miss Minnesota Jr. Teen J